Happy Tasty Tuesday! It’s all things St. Patrick’s Day on the blog this week. Yesterday, I shared my festive mantle makeover.
Read that here.
Today’s treat is a real winner in my book. These Lucky Charms Treats are a St. Patrick’s Day take on crispy rice treats. Crispy Rice Treats take a close second to chocolate chip cookies for me, and this version is right up there.
Here’s what you need to create a pan to share:
- 7 cups lucky charms cereal
- 3 cups lucky charms marshmallows (separated)
- 40 large marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp. butter
The process is almost identical to making crispy rice squares, with the addition of the lucky charms marshmallows at the end. Here’s what you do:
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray
- Melt the butter
- Put marshmallows in a large bowl (large enough to also hold the cereal and lucky charms marshmallows later)
- Pour melted butter over marshmallows, then melt both in the microwave (about 90 seconds, until the marshmallows are melted)
- Stir to combine the mixture until it looks like marshmallow creme
- Add the cereal and stir to combine and coat the cereal
- Add in the lucky charms marshmallows and stir to mix in completely
- My favorite trick to avoid completely sticky hands is to get your hands a little wet, then press the mixture firmly into the 9×13 pan
- Let the treats firm up for about an hour, then slice, serve, and enjoy!
Now the hard part is not eating the whole pan in one day 😉
If you’re looking for another St. Patrick’s Day treat idea, I suggest the Lucky Charms Crunch I made last year.
Get the recipe here. I’ll be back on Thursday with a St. Patrick’s Day cocktail recipe, so I’ll see you then!