Hey there, and happy Friday Eve!! I’ve been getting ready for St. Patrick’s Day this week on the blog, and today I’m sharing a delicious cocktail recipe.
Typical whiskey sours include lemons, but to give this one a St. Patrick’s Day twist, I used limes. Here’s what you need for one cocktail:
- 2 ounces Whiskey
- 1 ounce Raspberry Brandy
- 1 ounce Fresh Lime Juice
- Granulated Sugar, For rimming the glass
- Lime Wedges
And if you need a suggestion for a great Raspberry Brandy, I highly recommend Finnriver’s!
And here’s what to do:
- Wet the rim of a low ball glass with a wedge of lime, then dip it in a dish of sugar to rim.
- Muddle a few raspberries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add in the bourbon, raspberry brandy, fresh lime juice and shake.
- Pour into the low ball glass.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and a lime twist.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you wanted to make a big batch of this cocktail for a party, here are my serving tips:
- Make a big batch of the liquid in a large pitcher
- Slice limes and put in a bowl
- Fill a bowl with raspberries
- Pre-rim glasses with sugar
- Put the instructions for building the cocktail on a little chalkboard or attach a tag to the pitcher with a ribbon that matches the party theme
This drink is delicious, and I highly recommend adding it to your spring entertaining!