Today’s Tasty Tuesday recipe is so good. SO GOOD! Yesterday, I shared a fun party theme idea centered around the word POP (read it here).
Today’s recipe would be the perfect treat to serve at the party: parmesan truffle popcorn. The best part? Well the best part is that it’s delicious. The second best part is that it takes less than ten minutes to prepare. YES!
Here’s what I used to make a big batch, which yields about ten cups.
- One pouch of microwave popcorn (get the least salted, least buttered kind available so the popcorn is a blank slate)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1.5 tsp. truffle salt (I got mine in France this summer (I know, I know ;)), but here’s a great option if you’re not headed to Paris anytime soon!)
- Ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan
And here’s how I made it:
- Pop popcorn according to package instructions and pour into a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the chives until fragrant (about one minute).
- Remove from heat and add truffle salt to the mixture.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper.
- Pour mixture over popcorn, then add parmesan.
- Using a plate to cover the bowl, toss everything to coat evenly
- Serve and enjoy! And trust me, it won’t last long!
This popcorn is best served right away. A fun favor idea would be a little jar of truffle salt with a pouch of popcorn, both put into a little popcorn box so guests could make their own popcorn at home.
And if you like truffles as much as I do, check out this recipe for a truffle cheese appetizer I shared after my Paris trip.
Check back Friday for a fun POP! Shower cocktail and other favorites.