It’s another Tasty Tuesday and I’m loving today’s festive cocktail for the holidays! This would be a perfect cocktail to enjoy while you’re waiting for the turkey to finish cooking in the oven and/or watching the National Dog Show. I mean I love the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade, but I LOVE the Dog Show. Penny does too 😉
I found this recipe on Pinterest a while back, and I’ve been so eager to try it!
Here’s what you need..
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) silver tequila
- 2 cups (16 ounces) cranberry juice (not cranberry cocktail)
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) orange juice
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) orange liquor – I like Cointreau
- 3/4 cups fresh lime juice
- sugared cranberries
- salt, for the rim – I like red Hawaiian salt for a festive color!
- sparkling water, to top the drinks with (optional, if the drink is too strong!)
- lime slices, for serving
- 1 1/2 – 2 ounces silver tequila
- 2 1/2 ounces cranberry juice (not cranberry cocktail)
- 1/2 ounce orange juice
- 1/2 ounce orange liquor
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- sugared cranberries
- salt, for the rim
- sparkling water, to top the drink with (optional)
- slice of lime
Sugared Cranberries: Bring 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar to a boil until the sugar is dissolved, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Stir in the cranberries and let the cranberries sit in the sugar water for 1-2 hours or over night.
Strain the cranberries thoroughly, then add them to a parchment lined cookie sheet with sides. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and gently toss until all the cranberries are coated in sugar. Allow the cranberries to dry, in a single layer for at least one hour.
Party-size Margaritas: Combine all the ingredients in a pitcher and stir to combine. Keep chilled in the fridge until ready to serve. When ready to serve, salt the rims of 4-6 glasses. Add ice to each glass and pour the margaritas over the ice. Top off with sparkling water if desired. Add the sugared cranberries and a lime wedge.
Single Serving: Salt the rim of your glass. Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake until combined and then strain into your prepared glass. Top with sparkling water if desired. Add the sugared cranberries and a lime wedge.
This festive cocktail could also make a debut, or a repeat appearance, at your holiday parties in December!